The Best Reflections of a New Old Mom
Putting together an About Me page is always a tough thing for me.
What do people want to know?
What is too much information?
What about me would interest or help you?
Check out this post for starters…
Here is a little bit more information that might be of interest to you:
- I am a perfect example of a Gemini, ask my husband, he’ll agree!
- I am a professional procrastinator and cover it up by saying, “I work best under pressure!”
- Fund raising and event planning is one of my gigs. I have worked on many, many fund raisers and events and I love doing this for charities. The joke in my house every time some event happens locally or nationally is that “mommy’s going to do another fund raiser!”. Among some of the most successful ones include a Hurricane Katrina Fundraiser, a Walk-a-Thon for our school playground, a Bowl-a-thon for a friend with Breast Cancer and many, many school and Girls Scout volunteer fund raiser and charity events.
- In 2000, I was recognized as the Environmental Activist of the Year by the group Environmental Advocates
- My family was poisoned by pesticides in our home in Massapequa, NY and changed our lives. Ultimately, I had to become a lawyer, a doctor, a scientist, an advocate, a politician, a researcher and any thing else I needed to be to protect my family, get the product banned, prevail in court and to figure out how we were going to survive the losses of our home, our health and our quality of life.
- I love the Internet for fun and profits. My husband always told me I like my laptop more than I liked him. Sometimes that’s try. My laptop doesn’t expect me to do dishes.
- I coached soccer and was a Girl Scout leader for many years while my older girls participated and look forward to doing the same when Baby Beans gets older.
- Red wine is my favorite drink of choice. Occasionally, I choose it a little too much!
- I am a pain in the butt when it comes to service. If you make a mistake just fix it. My father-in-law calls me “Take it back, Tina”
- The defense attorney in a pesticide action said, “Mrs. Williams, you have an answer for everything, don’t you?” My husband still makes fun of me about that and often quotes that guy. But, when someone needs an answer or help with something, my phone rings. I love research and love to know a little bit about everything!
- I hate, hate, hate folding laundry.
- My daughters vote me “Meanest Mom in the World” every year. My goal is to be “Meanest Mom in the Universe” some day.
- I work from home blogging, doing affiliate marketing and work as a Social Media Marketing Strategist. I love helping other people learn the things I’ve learned to make money from home.
- My husband is my best friend and my worst enemy.
- My daughters are my world, my inspiration, my motivation and and what empowers me to create my best reflection every day.
- I am a New Old Mom and proud of it.